This is a guide for installing with a USB on Windows. These simple steps are applicable to Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trilian, and Stylus RMX.
NOTE: Omnisphere, Keyscape, Trilian, and Stylus RMX are officially supported on Windows 7 and higher.
1. Before installing with the USB drive, create or login to your Spectrasonics user account and register the serial number in your User Guide to your account.
2. Once registered, connect the Omnisphere installation drive into a USB port. If you don't see it on your Desktop, flip the USB card over and try re-inserting it to ensure it's right-side up.
3. Double-click to open the drive “Spectrasonics Omnisphere”
4. Double click on the "Omnisphere 2 Installation" URL link
5. The link will bring you to the Spectrasonics login page. Log in to your Spectrasonics User Account and select the DOWNLOAD button to download the current installers to your PC.
6. After downloading, navigate to your Downloads folder. Before opening the installation.zip item, you’ll need to extract it. You can do so by clicking on the installation.zip once, then click on 'Extract' shown at the top right corner of your File Explorer window. Extract to your Desktop then open the Installation folder that’s on your Desktop.
7. Open the installation folder that is now on your Desktop. Inside you’ll see a "Step 1 - Installer" folder. Open this folder and begin running the Windows installer.
7. While running the Setup Wizard, you’ll be prompted to choose a location to install the 64bit VST plugin DLL file (the smaller plugin files). Typically the default location is: C:ProgramFiles/Steinberg/vstplugins
NOTE: If you have your own custom VST folder, then you can choose that file path instead
8. Next, you’ll be asked to select a location to install the large library (the STEAM or SAGE folder). Omnisphere, Keyscape, and Trilian need to be in the same STEAM folder. If you have already installed one of these instruments, be sure to install to the same location.
Unless you would prefer the library be installed on an external drive, we recommend installing the library in the default location by just clicking next. The default location is: C:ProgramData/Spectrasonics
NOTE: If you wish to store the STEAM or SAGE folders on an external hard drive then choose a specifc folder in that alternative location during this step. If you’re installing onto an external hard drive, please refer to our for an optimal setup.
9. When the installation completes, go back to the Installation folder that's on your Desktop. Open the "Step 2 - Data Updater" folder and then open the "Windows" folder.
10. Double click on the "Data Updater.exe".
You’ll be prompted to choose the locations for the 64bit DLL Plugin file and the STEAM or SAGE data. Please ues the same locations that was used in the Step 1 Installer to ensure that the updates go to the correct locations.
When the installation completes, close the installer. We recommend restarting your computer as this is a good habit when installing new software.
Once the computer has been restarted, open the standalone application. If it asks you to authorize, you can check our instructions in . After you authorize, or if your instrument is not asking for authorization, click anywhere on the instrument startup screen and you should be all set to make music!
If you encounter any issues or have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.