1. Where is the Spectrasonics program located?
Our instruments are not programs/applications, they are plugin instruments which are designed to work inside of a DAW/Sequencer/ Host. You'll need a DAW/Sequencer/Host to open Spectrasonics instruments.
2. What is a DAW/Sequencer/Host?
A DAW is a Digital Audio Workstation, also referred to as a Sequencer or Host; example: Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Sonar, Ableton Live, etc.
3. I have a DAW/Sequencer/Host. How do I open my Spectrasonics Instrument?
We have made convenient step-by-step tutorials for using our instruments in most major DAW/Sequencer/Hosts.
4. What is a User Account, and why do I need one?
The Spectrasonics User Account system allows quick access to your Spectrasonics products and information. This way, you'll have access to the latest instrument Updates, as well as the Authorization area, where you can authorize your computer to use your new instrument. If you don't have a User Account, start by creating one HERE.
5. How can I quickly get up to speed on learning how to use my Spectrasonics Instruments?
We’ve created some great Video Tutorials HERE. Be sure to take the time to watch these to get familiar with your instrument's interface and functions.